Un 16-Inversion coaster bientôt en Europe ?

Je me suis posé la même question que toi Nico concernant les premières inversions. On peut supposer que Golden Horse va voir avec Camiel (ou sans lui) comment modifier la hauteur des inversions.

[JULIΣN] a dit:
C'est ça le soucie avec ce Layout. Elle est ou la variété avec deux loop et 14 HeartLine?

Héhéhé j'ai pas dit que y en avait!  :-P

Je défendais The Smiler. Après pour le layout à 16 inversions je ne suis pas fan non plus.

Et pour le boulot du jeune, c'est comme si c'était un designer automobile. Il propose ses idées. Après y a des gens qui calculent, qui lui disent si c'est possible ou non, qui optimisent et restructurent ses idées pour rendre ça faisable!  :wink:

Ca n'a rien d'abouti donc, c'est qu'une idée sur du papier.

Voilà la réponse de Camiel sur TPR, de quoi clarifier deux trois points :

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the comments. I’m excited to hear all of your opinions about this. I hope I can take a few minutes of your time to explain this project and myself.

To assure you that everything has carefully been taken care of with this collaboration with Golden horse, let me start off by saying that Golden Horse (or Jin Ma rides) has done everything legally, signed every official document and dealt with my lawyers and German business partner. They have the right to display my two designs as stated in the contract.

I'm well aware of their reputation and I do not agree with Golden Horse’s way of working at all. I had to really think twice about whether I wanted to design those two rides for them or not and they know that.
They told me that they want to take their business to Europe and, instead of copying other rides, want to come up with original designs of their own (I obviously can’t confirm if they were telling the truth). However, they informed me that they don’t have creative designers who are able to produce new rides for them, which is why they hired Coaster-Lab. That’s exactly what coaster-lab is for and it’s why I started this company in the first place.

They wanted me to design a coaster with 16 inversions that would fit inside a 157ft x 341ft space, and have the track be no longer than 3280ft (which is shorter than the Smiler). It also needed to be faster and higher than the Smiler… Therefore I had no room and track left to make airtime hills or anything that was not an inversion.
The 16-inversion coaster will be calculated in Germany and constructed by Golden Horse.

The second coaster they wanted, had to fit inside a very tight space. It had to have an Impulse coaster-type footprint. I had already designed a ride that would fit inside that footprint back in 2011, so I showed it to them and they were very enthusiastic about it.

This project with Golden Horse wasn’t my first. I have worked with Gerstlauer, Maurer Söhne and the Fungroup, who’ve contacted me the same way Golden Horse did. I was never an employee at any of these companies because I worked as Coaster-Lab (or as a freelancer if you will).

For me it’s kind of unfortunate that the first thing most of you see and read about my company is about this project I did for Golden Horse. I can’t show the other work I have done with the other companies because they’re either confidential, or still in production. So this is the first project that I can publicly talk about.

A few days ago I came across something so shocking to me, that I almost fell off my chair. Before I will explain what it was, there is something you need to know about me, because I feel like I have to clear the air a little.
I’ve dreamed of becoming a rollercoaster designer ever since I can remember and have been working towards this goal all my life. It’s still my greatest passion and hobby! For the past 5 years I’ve been attending every IAAPA and EAS show to introduce myself to the industry and meet the people involved.
So a few days ago, when I was reading some of the comments about this project, I found out that one person saw coaster-lab as a big fraud and considered everything I do a crime. This motivated me to discuss my intentions with you.

So to assure you all about my intentions, I would never betray anyone or steal anyone’s work in this industry. I would honestly never think of, or do anything to jeopardize my entire career and future, especially since everyone at IAAPA has always been super kind and supportive of me. (They even featured my company in the FunWorld magazine and invited me to be a speaker on the next Young professionals reception in Amsterdam this September). My entire portfolio is online and can be viewed on my website or on Facebook. If anyone else feels like one of my concepts is an exact copy of an existing ride please do tell me. I’m not now, nor will I ever be, a knock-off company, especially since I know most people at S&S, Premier Rides, Vekoma, Intamin, B&M, Gerstlauer, Maurer Söhne etc.

Lastly, I would like to tell you that there are a few exciting projects I’m working on at the moment, including one with Alan Schilke. I can’t wait to tell you about this project if everything goes according to plan.

I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and I would be glad if you gave me a chance. I hope I didn’t bore you to death with my story  :p

Hopefully one day we’ll be riding one of my own designs and we can all have a beer and some good ERT!  :b

Cheers!

Camiel

Nico a dit:
Autre chose qui m'a chagriné, ce qu'au final on a aucune stat sur la hauteur, vitesse, accélération maximale.

- Designer: Camiel Bilsen (Coaster-Lab)
- Length: 1088 m
- Height: 40 m
- Speed: 105 km/h
- Dimensions (Depth x Width): 48 x 104 m
- G-Forces(max.): Positive 5g; Negative: -0,8g
- Inversions: 16 (World Record!); 5 new developed elements
- Train: Speed Fighter Train (Max. 3 trains)
- Capacity: 16 people/train (4 people in one row) apprx. 1200 pph
- Engineering: Done in Germany (info soon to come)
- Constructor: Golden Horse

FB de rcdb

Je trouve ça excellent ce qui arrive à cette personne, c'est un rêve qui se réalise pour lui, tout le monde rêverait d'être contacté par des sociétés qui sont interéssées par nos créations. Le layout à l'air très fun, j'aime beaucoup le style sac de noeud compact, on ne peux pas prévisualiser le layout donc on se fait toujours surprendre !

Dommage d'être pessimiste, parce que ce gars la ira très loin encore et je l'encourage à continuer !

Et puis Nolimits n'est pas un logiciel pour les lambdas, pas un "jeu d'amateur", la preuve ici, c'est peut-être qu'un design (n'empeche qu'on peut avoir quand même pas mal de donnée --> voir post d'arofly) , mais on à une idée principale du layout comme chaque constructeur le fait avec une vidéo de simulation !

Je ne comprends pas la stratégie de Golden Horse. C'est quand même une grosse boîte, et j'ai du mal à croire qu'ils n'aient pas réussi à débaucher quelqu'un avec plus d'expérience s'ils n'avaient pas d'idées (surtout dans un milieu comme le loisir où les ingénieurs bougent beaucoup d'une boîte à l'autre). D'autant plus qu'un design c'est très difficile à breveter, et même si ça l'est, c'est facilement contournable.

Concernant No Limit, ça permet de faire des simulations sympathiques pour le client, mais ça reste un logiciel basique. 60€ la version professionnelle. Regardez le prix des licences de logiciel de CAO, DAO, ou calcul par éléments finis (on parle de milliers d'euros...). Donc tout le boulot reste à faire...

1- c'est moins cher
2- ça leur a plu alors pourquoi pas garder cette idée
3- chaque boite fait son job, lui créer des concepts designs, Golden s'occupe des calculs de forces ect...

Punaise mais vous n'êtes pas content qu'un gars qui se donnent à fond dans ses créations perce et se fasse embaucher par des grandes entreprises ?  :-D

Et, c'est quoi le taff de Golden horse ? contacter une entreprise qui fait le boulot a sa place  ? Bah les calculs et tout le reste c'est à eux de le faire ^^.

Intamin Fan a dit:
Punaise mais vous n'êtes pas content qu'un gars qui se donnent à fond dans ses créations perce et se fasse embaucher par des grandes entreprises ?  :-D

La jalousie  :roll:.

Je suis aller un peu sur son site internet, il fait vraiment de bon 3D, et ce 16 inversions est vraiment pas dégueulasse à regarder. J'attend de voire la suite!

Je trouve que ca a vraiment de la gueule...
10305181_712248512168980_182572421991705921_n.jpg

Le fameux Camiel a posté sur Facebook qu'il travaille désormais avec Zierer et Mondial Rides. Si ce projet est toujours d'actualité c'est vers eux que la conception se fera j'imagine :mrgreen:

Hmm je pense que ce projet là (le 16-inversion) c'est un contrat avec Golden Horse et Golden Horse seulement. Est-ce toujours d'actualité, j'en sais rien.
Avec Zierer et Mondial, j'imagine qu'il a d'autres projets ! :wink:

Sinon vous l'avez peut-être lu dans le sujet de l'IAAPA, mais c'est Camiel qui a désigné les sièges de Strike-U-Up, l'attraction/jeu de Skyline Attractions. Il commence à s'installer le p'tit gars ! :mrgreen: